Monday 3 January 2011

My First Term- recap!

Ok, so I've been pretty rubbish at blogging my first term. In my defence I've not had my laptop and no disrespect to my gorgeous host family... time to write an entire blog is pretty limited!! 
so... Now it's 2011. and I resolve to be better at updating my blog, sending out my newsletters in time and just generally making more of an effort to stay in touch. I got notepaper and envelopes for Christmas.. so once i've got some stamps I will be writing machine!! :) aha


Butt.... I decided to recap my first term as best as I could... 
If I miss anything I apologise now...


Induction week, training, intense, Horniman Museum, Brick Lane, "I saw the curtains and I saw the bright light and I didn't know how to deal with them", laughing till I choked, diet coke trips, walks along the canal thing, DLR, seeing the bus for the first time, Hazel Grove, meeting the Thomas', Lucy's chocolate cake, Samson and Delilah, reunited with my sister, Greek food. NomNom. Tate- I'm glad I didn't pay for this. Rose Theatre Exhibition. Youth Breakfast, Chris and Mike Freed's, reunited with everyone for Monday training, Trinity, Lefleatting, laptop breaks, sickness bug, fainting on Nat, The Devil wears Prada, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Milford Towers, Yell- sweet sports, Film and Feast- can't remember what we watched,  Youth Alpha Launch, Kensington, Emily's for pastoral meeting, cake, Danielles- "ha-ha road", getting reallyyyy lost, an old xlp-er finding us and directing us, Engage, train to Croydon, train back through Brockley,  Awkward Ostrich, Kentucky Iced Tea flavoured Vodka, Lucy's cooking Tuna Pasta om nomnom!, Piggy in the middle, Countless Whetherspoons breakfasts with Nick, "church time", Lucy's party, watching X factor with Jess, Watching X factor with Lucy- pretending to be an old woman, "sin bin" analogy- that didn't work out. Chipotle. OM NOM, Trafalagar Square, Walk home and chatting with Rach and Kate ,"mission accomplished", Fighting chance- first visit to a proper London cafe with Biddulph and Katie, epic trip home, week at home, Southampton, moving in with the Abraharts, pizza and X factor, Spoons with the girls, Assembly with Trinity- "this is just a made of story but God really made this decision, he chose to let his son die" "NOOOOOOO", Don't forget the lyrics, Boyo, Uxbridge- dancing round chloe's kitchen, vegetable soup, Blackheath Fireworks, getting lost in Eltham, Caro's- eye opener of the Church ;), Soups for the masses, THAT POD session, Maggies breakfast with Davina, Church Forum- "how old were you in 1986?" being perved on in Catford, Weekend away planning, FMEL, Church at Crystal Palace, pizza, Disney Trivial Pursuit, Assemblies, Chocolate stains on my face, Zoe's birthday, Nandos, "Happy Birthday Haywood", Harry Potter, Leicester Square, Royal Britannia shop, Chloe meets team Abrahart, "The Sex Talk", meeting Carlie, Georgia's birthday meal, Prayer for Lewisham, Focus Time, Letton Hall- Snow, Holy Spirit, dressing as a boy. Retreat day at the office, church meeting, Snow, snow fight on way home from Trinity, lots of snuggling and comfort eating,victory dance, tuna pasta bake for the family, taking an hour and a half to get to Shadwell, Christmas Tour Rehearsal, more snow, Greenwich Arts Showcase, feeding the 5000, Youth led service, youth taking over my house, prayer walking, leafletting, falling down the steps, Brockley Jack quiz, Christmas Tour rehearsal, Review, Katie's Knee, Cripple,  Winter Wonderland Wednesday, Christmas Tour at Trinity "the professor was Father Richard wasn't it?", Chinese with Zoe, Mike and Jo, Expect,  XLP Christmas drinks, Secret Santa helping the cripple, Catford-Euston, Euston- Trafalgar Sq- Trafalgar sq-Home... with a cripple! Christmassy day- 02 at 10am after 3 hours sleep, Christmas Carol, Winter Wonderland, Jo and Emma's party, miserable journey home, Christamas Yellm X factor Final- gripping Caro's hand until Matt won, Ghana Meeting, Christmas Tour Week- sleepover in Newham, burnt Pizza, Kidulthood, Liar Liar, early starts, matching jumpers, "Leaping Lizards... where ARE you going?", "it's an invisiblity cloak... can't you see?". Maggie Breakfast- Saying goodbye to Kerry, presents, more snow, really epic journey home.


Lovely Stuff
Oh hey 2011!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment