Tuesday 12 April 2011

Arts Showcase

As per usual, I've gotten pretty bad at updating this blog!
Ironically, I've started writing a new blog... www.lmgeorge.blogspot.com .. it's more about my personal life and well, me. Check it out if you're interested.

So... nearly two weeks ago (yup, time does fly) we had the annual, Lewisham Arts Showcase.
For those of you that don't know, the Arts Showcase is literally that, a chance for the young people to showcase their arts. So we audition in local schools and the strongest contenders go to the borough showcase and the winners and two runners up from there, go through to the London Final (July 2nd.. save the date my friends)

Ok, so our final was March 2nd 2011 and obviously, I'm a little bit biased, But our young people, nailed it!
The showcase takes a lot of energy, in our case, a lot of stress and a heck of a lot of organising.
But the day itself was so much fun.
we got to spend time just hanging out as a team, chucking a frisbee around, which although wasn't exactly productive it was a really precious time to just, be together! we don't get that a lot as a team.
We also got to spend the day with some of the most amazing, talented young people. Serious love for their enthusiasm and perseverance on that day.
One act got their two hours early, in order to practice and perfect. They pulled out all the stops to have an amazing, slick, energized routine by the end of it. They also had good make up- yes, I am seriously considering a different career choice after my obvious make up skills :P

But i'm not just bigging up my borough because I love it. we genuinely got incredible feedback, from those who paid to come to the show, from the judges and from the young people were involved.
It was honestly such an exciting time to see young people, some of whom we have personal relationships with and spend a lot of time investing work into them, showing their talents off to a paying audience.
I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears of pride, they really were incredible and i'm still buzzing from how amazed I was by it all.

I cannot wait for the final.

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment