Saturday 25 September 2010

Induction Week

I have just finished one of the longest and most intense weeks of my life. I probably shouldn't start sounding so negative, it was also one of the best weeks of my life. I met some people who I hope to form lasting friendships with.
Now that I'm all settled in my new home with my lovely host family, I wish I could blog every minute of the last week, my first week with XLP. However, I don't think there are the characters sufficient for that and I don't want to bore you so early on in my gap year! 


So to summarise:
This week I have... (in no particular order)
Said goodbye;cried;prayer;laughed till I choked;ate;didn't feel full;felt full;introduced myself;learnt names;learnt facts;craved diet coke;missed home;missed my sister;missed my family;been disappointed;texted;check facebook;facebook stalked;regretted said facebook stalk;showered;slept;not slept enough;sneezed;been in pain; endured a wii remote related injury;felt my heart break for this City: fallen more in love with London; fallen in love with Canary Wharf; adjusted to public transport;used my oyster; sucked and bitten a jelly baby covered in madras paste; sat on what may have been a WWII bunker;taken pictures; eaten on a curry on Brick Lane;Kept up to date on my bible in a year; Seen God's incredible healing power; Marvelled at God's Grace; Fallen particularly in love with an estate; visited a museum; eaten copious amounts of  tuna sandwiches; unpacked; been drenched by London rain; regretted wearing jeggings in said rain; wanted to live on the XLP bus; met some incredible young people; felt my heart break for some of them; noticed the differences between London and home; noticed the similarities between London and home; crossed Tower Bridge; Crossed Millennium Bridge; walked Westminster Bridge; Been a tourist; felt rubbish when my doubts were proved right; talked and talked and talked; felt inspired; felt encouraged; realised I'm not a cynic...despite it all; drunk tea from small cups; been told we're getting a kitten; jumped up and down in the street with excitement; moaned; tried to be positive and show the best reflection of myself; hoped I'd succeeded; wandered if things could have been different; wanted to ignore the date; played "this time last year" far too often; gotten mad; been fed up; tweeted; re-tweeted positive/inspiring quotes; retweeted quotes to summarise how I felt; wandered how much I could get away with saying in a facebook status; wandered how much I could get away with saying in a text; Worshipped; Found out a bit more of my heart; grown; learnt that I do actually value time on my own; taken photos; filmed stuff; danced; thrown crisp packets; completed a cross word; played sardines; taken a personality quiz; disagreed with the quiz; admitted my weaknesses; been called precious; missed America; learnt to just be still. 




& I think.... that just about sums up my weak
pictures on facebook to follow.


Please keep praying, I have accommodation until end of Oct.. so the church are still looking for some more!
Also pray for the week ahead as we start our main bulk of our "doing".. schools, bus project, estates etc.


Loveee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment