Sunday 26 September 2010

Sunday, Sunday

Today was my first opportunity to get involved with my new church.
At first it felt a little weird, I knew there was a lot going on at my home church today which I would have loved to have witnessed, but at the same time, I was really excited to meet my new Youth Group and Church members.
One Sunday a month they have a home group Sunday instead of a normal service. So first of all, I had breakfast with the Youth, this was a great opportunity to get to know the people I'll be spending a lot of time with. They're a noisy bunch, but so awesome.. and apparently since Soul Survivor they've become all "holy", I think that's good! They all did a quiz about me, which was very funny. Some of them decided I had a dog called fluffy and enjoyed badger baiting, fox hunting and extreme water sports amongst my hobbies! They're honestly a really great bunch of people, and I'm excited to spend the next 10 months with them.


Afterwards I went to a church family's house for lunch, this gave me an opportunity to meet more members of the congregations, introduce myself and try and learn some names! Everyone is so warm and welcoming here and I think I'm going to settle in great. I'm looking forward to attending an actual service, from what I've been told they don't differ too much from what I'm used to, but it'll also be great to meet even more people and the church leader. 


Afterwards I met Kate and Katie and we wandered round Brockley, to get to know the area, and see eachother's houses. It's great to know that despite what Googlemaps says they're only about 5/10 minutes walk. We also found an amazing cafe which is basically central... prime meeting place!


Feeling pretty home sick today, missing my family & desperate to meet my new kitten.
But looking forward to seeing everyone at training tomorrow and catching up on their weekends!


Love Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment